Phuket Day 1: The Nap Patong, Jungceylon and Banzaan Market

, 0 Comments

We love to fly!
This trip happened because of  a 1-1 OCBC card promotion that going on for Tiger Air. As this was a holiday as well as birthday trip for my taller miss twin, I volunteered to plan for this trip. While knowing Soi Bangla was the party area, I didn't want to stay too near to as it can potentially too noisy at night and I'm a light sleeper. After looking through so many hotels, we decided on The Nap and we both fell in love with this hotel. I hate dark/eerie looking hotels and The Nap theme colours are close to Tiffany blue and a lot of white! I love white. :)

The beds are in between queen and single size. By default, they provide 2 pillows per bed!
Our huge porch
Sunset view from our room.
I was told to book tours in Phuket itself as you can get them at a better rate compared to when it's booked online. So the moment we reached our hotel, we headed out to look the tour we wanted to join. You will see a lot of these stalls along the streets and they are like different agencies selling the same tours. I didn't bother to compare between the different stalls as I knew the original cost of the tour that I wanted to go. I was given a slightly cheaper rate and almost immediately, we booked with them to have the tour the next day.

Food from Banzaan Market
Once we're done with booking the tour, we made our way to Jungceylon and Banzaan market. Banzaan market was an eye-opener for me as the first level was the wet market and a hawker on the second. The interesting part of this market is that you can buy fresh seafood/vegetables at the first level, bring it up to the second level and pass it to a stall to cook it for you at a fee. How cool is that? We had to go back there twice!

Pedicure at Jungceylon Shopping Mall
The rest of the day was just exploration of the area and doing some girly stuff like having a REALLY REALLY good pedicure at one of the basement shop of Jungceylon shopping mall at an affordable price of SGD$20 ish? My definition of good is having all your dead skins scrubbed off your feet. I don't really care if the nail polishes are not from OPI (it's not anyways). Pedicures in Singapore are either good and expensive or slightly cheaper and lousy.

We had no problems deciding what to eat as food can be found everywhere and pubs/clubs comes to life at night. I just cultivated a bad habit to have a drink every night at a different pub before we head back to our hotel to sleep (alcohol helps me sleep better). Stay tune to Day 2 post on Hong by Starlight (John Gray's).

Writes occasionally, enjoys quirky moments and loves to a cuppa coffee.

0 comments :